Saturday, March 20, 2010

Computers vs Playgroud, what is happening to us?

Found this great article in a Sensory Processory Disorder Magazines.

Computers vs. Playgrounds – It’s a No Brainer! .

What is sad is that the more time spent with technology and not enough play will hurt social skills. I have come across many children that just don't know how to play. I mean to sit or go outside and figure out what to do.

Technology is important but there needs to be balance, yes?

How many hours do you let your child play on the computer? How many hours do you get your child out to play in the "green playground? How many hours do you turn off TV, radio, phones to just let them play w/ toys or read books?
Not just kids, I think we all need to do this.
Try it for a week! I dare you!

3 comments:

  1. I found this so true. We adopted two children from CPS ages 7&8. They were used to watching tv 24/7 and had no clue how to play pretend camping in a larg cardboard box. With all the camping equiptment. I have to get in there and show them. We gathered sticks for our pretend fire, even made walls with pine nettles and leaves. You know what I mean. Get outside after you take your Spring meds. Find a book on trees and flowers and identify as many as you can. While riding your pretend horse. Enjoy the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Spring meds. It is very sad that so many children are growing up these days like that. Good for you, have they learned to play now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think so. Anyway I know her children will know how to because I am involved in their early life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails