Thursday, March 18, 2010

The frustration with Sensory Processing Disorder

The way I have read it is like you have a TV flipping channels real fast and you can't process the TV to stop so you can focus on one channel.

Somtimes you have to hold back the hurt because you can't take it personally. You have to realize when your child continually says "I hate myself" he really doesn't.

We have had more good days then bad since we have started therapy and it really does make a difference now to where we do have a bad day all the negative feelings come back.

It is like you have to talk and make sure he is looking at you then repeat what you said to know he is processing it.

Yesterday was awesome we all did yard work together. I  think the last time that happened was after IKE. Aleq did pretty good because we were outside in his green playground.

I pray today will be another good one.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails