Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thank God for therapy!

Tomorrow is our second time for therapy since my son was diagnosed.
Aleq and I both look forward to it. YES!

I cried when the therapist called today to check on Aleq. For the first time in his life he has been sleeping.
Who would have thought wrapping your child like a taco every night would help them sleep...Alternating from "summer night" and "ocean" sounds is a plus....

Brushing him w/ a baby's brush actually activates his senses. It works wonders.....

Tomorrow we are going to bring a banana to see if he will eat it. He has never eaten a banana or any fruit.

This week, I have only heard him call himself dumb only once.  Schooling this week has been awesome as well. He can focus better now.
We still have a lot of work.

My poor daughter, she has put up with so much. I think this is all making her stronger. Having to put up w/ a brother w/ a disability is hard. I think that is why I make sure I do things for her extra.

Hoping tomorrow will be a good day. We had some friends come over today. Aleq enjoyed them, got over excited. Make note to brush him before getting together with friends. Wasn't too bad except when he chased one of the girls with an earthworm. When chasing her, he made her fall. Ugh!

I was not able to see how Ashlie acted with her friends. I worry because she lives, eats, and sleeps Pokemon. I am trying to get her to understand not everyone cares about them. She needs to learn about them. They wanted to come back so it could not have been that bad. lol.....

Need to finish reading my Out of Sync Kids Have Fun book. Need to turn our home and yard into a therapy center without breaking the bank.....

Wish us luck in trying a banana and bowling tomorrow. I am hoping Aleq will be good to go after therapy for our homeschool bowling day.
Have a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails