Thursday, March 11, 2010

A little history of a homeschooling mom and SPD

I thought I would start this blog  to help me as a mother. Why do I need help because my children are getting older, one hitting puberty and the other with Sensory Integration Disorder.
I thought if I could type it out, I could feel better or help someone else.

History:
I have a 10 yr old dd that will be 11 in May! The other miracle baby who is my ds, just turned 7 this February.
They have always been homeschooled.
My daughter has already hit puberty  and my son has just been diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder.
So my days are filled with fun emotions.
I love them and think that God knows I can handle it....

Ashlie is a tomboy that loves Pokemon and Bakugan. She is very smart and is involved w/ 4H Vet Science and another 4H group. She wants to work with animals.

Aleq, well since he was born, I have known something was always wrong. When he was born we thought at the time and the past that he was born with GERD.  However, about 2 yrs ago I thought he might have ADHD. Then the past 6 months he had been getting worse. Behavorial managemet was not working for us.  With the help of another homeschool  mom, I found something else, Sensory Processing Disorder was the answer.

My sweetie and I have been married going on 15 yrs in April. He is my life, support, and dream. We live in his childhood home that I truly cherish. Our 4  awesome dogs keep us busy as well.

So, that is the quick history of our life.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails