Thursday, April 1, 2010

There is improvement!

I finally talked to the therapist, one on one the other day. I told her everything we had been going through at home. Aleq is sleeping, more calm, doing therapy at home, and better attitude. Now we may have a moment that sets us back but only for a moment. Eating is still an issue though.

My husband even agreed that he sees improvement. YES!

So when you have faith and know that you CAN do it! It is possible. Remember, that with God all things are possible
.

As of now, I can honestly report he is showing improvement. We have had to change our schedule around a lot and realize it is okay if we don't get to it today.

I feel so much better now, a month ago I was really depressed about what we were going to do. I prayed and it all worked out.

I have a friend with a son who has SPD and other issues because half of his brain did not developement. You know the doctors told her he would never walk. She worked with him and through resources she provided for him at home he was able to walk. He is so smart, just can't communicate well with others.

The same with Helen Keller, we just finished studying about her. Through all the doctors her parents went thur they never gave up. The one doctor that did help her had been blind herself. Amazing!

When you have an issue don't stop, really research it and pray about it, share with others.

Now everyday Aleq works with us thru different therapy aids. We change it up and we work thru it. His schooling has been better. In the morning he plays in his green playground.


 We do school then right back outside. That is his space. He helps me a lot and I encourage more help from him because it helps him so much. He has learned about opening doors for others, doing  yard work in detail like cutting the grass, carring toys in his backpack which helps me feel the pressure.

I was explaining to the other moms at park day. Sometimes when you see kids running around bumping into people, you think it is for attention, right?

It is not the case all the time. SPD kids like it because it feels good to them, the pressure against their bodies. Since therapy with Aleq he does not do this anymore.
Ahhh, I can breathe a little now... lol

2 comments:

  1. I know that is an awesome moment when you start to see forward movement, good for you mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer, there is still a lot to work. However, every little bit counts. I just feel bad for those who sometimes follow exactly what he doctors say. ;)If you research yourself, there are things you can do. Mine just wanted me to come once a week. I knew that would not work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails