Thursday, April 1, 2010

Family and Nature

We took another nature walk the other day. It was in the infamous field my husband played in when he was a young lad.

The kids love nature walks. We even brought Jethro and Blue with us.

Aleq was in excitement because he was able to catch some minnows....He thought they looked so cool.

Ashlie had the camcorder and was doing her own documentary.
It was a great family day.
Wildflowers everywhere!


Being outside just strengthens the bond.


Here is the small creek they were catching the minnows out of.


Papi helping Aleq catch them, I think they had 8 all together.


Jethro enjoyed it sooo much! He felt a little wild himself, lol. I finally have a group that will train him to become a therapy dog.


Just shouts SPRING!
There were some horses there but they kept moving when I would take the picture.



So after being out there for 3 hours and Aleq was tired of playing in his green playground. Ashlie was tired of holding the camcorder. I spotted this huge squirrel. It was the size of a huge tomcat.
He would not move, I thought he was sleeping but I suppose with the two big dogs with us he was pretending we didn't see him.

It was a good day. The kids always love these days.

2 comments:

  1. awww, that looks like such fun! What a fun day, don't you just love the weather we have been having lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I could keep going on nature hikes everyday.....You don't have to go far, sometimes just taking one in your yard will do. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails