Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Focus on the Family

Last week my husband and I celebrated 15 yrs of marriage. I can't believe it.
He is really awesome! Yes, like others we have had our ups and downs but WE ARE MAKING IT!
We were best friends in high school, stayed friends for a while and then realized we were made for each other.



Some say we are like an old 50's couple. I cook, clean, take care of the house, school, etc... He goes to work. We do the yard work together. We spend time with our children. No going out on the town , just focusing on the family.

Wow, do you know a lot of family that "focus on the family"?

I don't, I know just a few. Most families will acknowledge their family but truly do not put themselves in family. A lot of them are thinking who can they drop there children off to so they can go out and have "their time".

Why are there so many divorces, why are there so many unhappy people, why are people always looking for other people to be happy......

The majority of this world has forgotten what priorities are...... It takes work and determination but it can be done.

We didn't go and celebrate along because we are celebrating 15 yrs of creating a family, that includes our children.

We did a couple of things last week together. Went to an amusement area and my husband kept telling me, "I am not riding rides". He did it for the kids.



I am very proud of our family, we are content.  I would not change anything. ;)

Happy Anniversary...

2 comments:

  1. Its funny isn't it? How people come to different philosophies about motherhood. I had Emma and Chloe in mother's day out one year and I hated it when she was gone. HATED it. People thought I was nuts. Almost everyone I knew then had their kids in MDO, gymnastics, and classes every day of the week.

    We almost always take the kids with us, I think its a good thing. But then, that is sorta my philosophy on life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny,but it really isn't! It is so sad.
    You know I had other people mock me because I still like to be home when my husband is and cook for him.
    I so agree Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails