Wednesday, April 14, 2010

God's Plan

Sometimes you don't know how things are going to work out...

This is our story of a dog named Jethro, you would never realize what God's plan is and he still isn't done.

This is Jethro

So the summer before Ike, we were looking for another dog to save. Didn't want a big one but a medium one. Our 10 year old Fox Terrier had passed away. We still had our Daschund (Dude) and Rat Terrier (Faith).
We were there and looking around and found Jethro.  He had a yellow paper on his cage that he was top dog in obedience class. The way he looked at us was just amazing. When I saw him, I didn't care how big he was, he was the one.

I felt powerful when I would take him and the other two for a walk every morning. Thinking no one would ever mess with me with this BIG dog.

(I didn't want to put up the graphic ones)
About 3 months of our awesome walks in the morning we had an accident. There was a Pit Bull attack. The Pit Bull went after him and did 800.00 worth of damage on him. Almost tore his rectum out. It was awful, I remeber the day still as if it was yesterday. Why, was this happening. I remember his face looking at me as if he was telling me he would not fight back.
My husband said I turned into the "Incredible Hulk" that day. It took about 6 people to beat the Pit Bull off of him. The own refused  responsibility.

The week before Ike, we were finally able to let him out. He was kept inside for about 1 1/2 months.

We were able to get thru that. There were tubes put in to help with drainage b/c he had fluid building up in his body. I had to press on that along with cleaning and feeding him by hand. Thank God, but I didn't see the plan yet.

He was great when evacuated for Ike. Layed in the back seat with Aleq the whole 2 hour ride. I noticed then that Aleq and him had a good bond. Aleq always seemed calm around him.

I kept thinking in the back of my head, Jethro would make an awesome therapy dog. All he does is want to please you, wants you to pet him, wants hugs. Some ill child or elderly person would feel so good just to have someone who wants their love and does not care about how they feel or look. Children who have a hard time socially would love to sit and have a book read while petting him. He just naturally calms you.

Now, you know Aleq has SPD. It never occured to me that the reason this dog has come into our lives was to help with Aleq as well. Never until last week.
Here I am thinking of places to bring him to help others and he has been helping our son in front of our eyes.
God had a plan, the plan for Jethro to help Aleq with his Sensory Processing Disorder. For the past year I could not figure out why I could not find someone to train him so we could take him places.
I did about 2 weeks ago. But God wanted me to see that Jethro is already doing his job.

I called the pet adoption place yesterday to tell them how good Jethro was doing. How amazing he is with Aleq and others. They were not surprised, they knew he would be great.
This is only the beginnin for him.......
Thank you God for allowing us to see some of your plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails