Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sometimes it is okay for things to change.

Sometimes it is okay for things to change in life. God brings people in our paths for a reason.

After planning and organizing, thinking I was all set for the year. A big HA HA to that.

Ashlie and two other friends have decided to read Shiloh together (okay us mommas decided). We will be using the Total Language Plus program , which I really like. Ash has already completed Charlottes Web and Amos Fortune.
This will be great for her, it will be her time with other friends while learning. Muahahahahaha

I kept thinking I have our plan together. We will stay at home and do our own studies together. After 4 years plus of coordinating History, Keepers at Home, Art, and Nature Study I vowed last year I would not participate with anyone because I was tired of doing it all. I felt overwhelmed trying to coordinate and figure out what was going on with Aleq.

Now we will be including others in our studies and keep it to a few children. This will be really nice.

Aleq has been showing interest in going and visiting a friend's horse stable. His change is being a little more social. There is another little boy his age that seems to fit with Aleq real well. This really helps him with his SPD therapy. That will be included in our schedule.

Sometimes when we have our schedules the way we want them and something comes along. Do not change your plans for other opportunities because when you do it will overwhelm you. However, if it seems to fit right in then it is a good change.

Some people just go with the flow, that is awesome! I have learned to do that a little more.
What has helped me?

Is the organizing and planning I have already completed. Now that I have done that I can see and know what is going on.

The best thing to do is to be ready for change or if to see if you can accept change well is to put a big family calendar up for all to see. My kids have a calendar in their room that has the days of the activities written on them. That way they know what is going on that week or day. Even if you have a monthly calendar at your desk, it helps. You need something to see what you have planned. It helps the craziness of homeschooling, activities, and family appointments. I promise it will help you feel more at ease.

Live, Love, Laugh every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails